Definitions and General Provisions
|Title||250||Department of Environmental Management|
|Part||1||Definitions and General Provisions|
|Type of Filing||Direct Final Amendment|
|Regulation Status||Proposed View Active Rule|
|Filing Notice Date||02/08/2021|
|Public Comment Dates||02/08/2021 to 03/10/2021
Regulation Authority :
R.I. Gen. Laws Title 20, R.I. Gen. Laws Chapters 42.17.1, 42-17.6, and 42-17.7, and in accordance with R.I. Gen. Laws Chapter 42-35, Administrative Procedures Act
Purpose and Reason :
1. Minor re-structuring of rule and addition of regulations currently contained in section 2.9 of Part 2 - Commercial and Recreational Saltwater Fishing Licensing Regulations (in conjunction with deletion of section 2.9 in Part 2) for elimination of similar rules in different Parts and improved clarity of marine fisheries rules.
2. Addition of Shellfish and Marine Life Management Area descriptions currently contained in Part 4 – Shellfish and Part 6 - General Equipment Provisions for improved clarity of marine fisheries rules. Description of Shellfish and Marine Life Management Area descriptions currently contained in Part 4 – Shellfish and Part 6 - General Equipment Provisions are to be subsequently removed at a later date.
3. Removal of terms “designated temperature control area”, “medical incapacitation”, and “qualifying period” as terms are not currently found or used in marine fisheries (i.e., Chapter 90 – Marine Fisheries) regulations.
4. Addition of term “recreational fishing” consistent with statute.
5. There is no net effect or actual change to the rules resulting from this amendment.