Public Records Requests
2.1 Access to Public Records
A. The Rhode Island Airport Corporation (RIAC) adheres to the Access to Public Records Act, R.I. Gen. Laws § 38-2-1, et seq., and has instituted the following procedures for the public to obtain public records.
1. To reach RIAC's Public Records designee by telephone please call (401) 737-4000 and ask to be connected with the Legal Department. Requests for records may be mailed to the Legal Department at 2000 Post Road, Warwick, RI 02886. Requests may also be hand delivered to RIAC at the reception desk during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and addressed to the Legal Department or requests may be emailed to [email protected].
2. You are not required to provide identification or the reason you seek the information, and your right to access public records will not depend upon providing identification or reasons.
3. In order to ensure that you are provided with the public records you seek in an expeditious manner, unless you are seeking records available pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act or other documents prepared for or readily available to the public, we ask that you complete the Public Records Request Form located at the front desk, or on our website http://www.pvdairport.com or otherwise submit your request in writing.
4. RIAC adheres to the Access to Public Records Act in all manners, including request response times and the charging of applicable costs.
5. If you feel that you have been denied access to public records, you have the right to file a review petition with the President and CEO of RIAC or to file a complaint with the Rhode Island Attorney General. You may also retain private counsel for the purpose of instituting proceedings for injunctive or declaratory relief in the superior court of the county where the record is maintained.
|Part||2||Public Records Requests|
|Type of Filing||Amendment|
Regulation Authority :
R.I. Gen. Laws Section 38-2-1, et seq.
Purpose and Reason :
The Rhode Island Airport Corporation (RIAC) adheres to the Access to Public Records Act, R.I. Gen. Laws § 38-2-1, et. seq., and has instituted the following procedures for the public to obtain public records. The proposed changes include the following: updated designee and contact information, deleted reference to Attorney General's website, deleted statutory reiteration, clarified appeal procedures and deleted request form from regulation.