Management Procedures (650-RICR-10-00-01)
|Title||650||Coastal Resources Management Council|
|Part||1||Management Procedures (650-RICR-10-00-01)|
|Type of Filing||Amendment|
|Regulation Status||Proposed View Active Rule|
|Filing Notice Date||11/22/2019|
|Filing Hearing Date(s)||12/10/2019
|Public Comment Dates||11/22/2019 to 12/23/2019
Regulation Authority :
R.I. Gen. Laws Chapter 46-23 et seq.
Purpose and Reason :
The CRMC proposes to amend its Management Procedures to clarify and improve its regulatory procedures, including adding Council member coastal program training, adding specific requirements for staff recommendations and written findings of fact and conclusions of law in contested cases, and consolidation and simplification of determination requests and beach vehicle permit fees, among other proposed changes as summarized below..
Brief summary of proposed amendments to 650-RICR-10-00-1
1. Amend § 1.2(C) clarify member abstention process;
2. Add new § 1.2(G) for member training requirement and participation on a Council subcommittee;
3. Amend § 1.4.5 to simplify determination requests and fees;
4. Amend § 1.4.6(A)(11) to consolidate and simplify beach vehicle fees;
5. Amend § 1.5.1(A) to add specificity of public notice for variances and special exceptions; and
6. Add new §§ 1.8(B)(1) and (2) to add specificity for recommendations and findings of fact and conclusions of law.